5/21/10

10 Things

1. I like breakfast cereals. A lot. I like to walk down the cereal isle every time I go to the grocery store. Lucky Charms is my favorite cereal of all time. Sometimes I have it for breakfast....and lunch....and maybe dinner.





2. I have stage fright. I get really nervous getting in front of a large group of people. I turn red and my knees shake. I strongly disliked piano recitals when I was a kid...ughhh. When I got married and my dad walked me down the isle and everyone was starring at me - I was red faced and shaky. Bleh. You wouldn't know that about me though. I'm not shy otherwise.





3. Popcorn + Honey + Butter + Salt = Delicious. Don't be scared of it. I'll never go back to plain old buttered popcorn. Oh, and I like to pop it the old-school way.






4. Every time I see my daughter smile it fills me with joy. I have never known love like the love I have for her. Sometimes I do the stupidest dances/noises/faces/songs just to try and make her smile. I hope this continues the rest of my life.





5. I love the man called Jesus. I mean, I'm not just saying "I love Jesus!" I don't have a bumper sticker on my car or anything. I've read about him and I find him to be fascinating. During a time period when people were fighting and hating and killing, his message was the opposite and centered around love. Love your neighbor, love your family, love your children, love your enemy, love one another. I think sometimes some of Jesus' followers forget that message, preach hate and muck it all up.





6. I saved old letters the rockstar sent me when we were first dating. I like to read them every once in a while because they're so cute and cheesy.





7. I always thought I disliked reading. As I've gotten older I realized I just didn't like it in high school because they TOLD me what to read. I've read some amazing books since I discovered that about myself. Next on the list: The Princess Bride.





8. I'm really bad at remembering names. I'm also bad at remembering faces. If I've only met a person once and I see them again, I may not recognize them. OR, even if I do recognize them, I'll forget WHERE I met them. And I DEFINITELY won't remember their name. I'm working on it.





9. LOST. That dang show has been on for 6 seasons and I never watched a single episode on TV when it first started. I thought, "What's the big deal? They crashed a plane on an island. How much of a show can there be?" And then one night last year, the rockstar and I got the crazy idea to rent the first season. My life ended shortly thereafter. I got sucked in. That's all I can say.





10. I find joy in photography a.k.a. taking pictures of people, places and things. My favorite things to shoot are pregnant moms and cute couples. My goal though, is to travel to impoverished countries, help where and how I can, capture the beauty (and needs) of the people and culture via a camera and bring awareness back to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment