2. I love my little brother. I've always wanted a younger sibling. My mom and step-dad adopted him when he was two days old. He'll be six in August and he's awesome. He's super smart (and cute). When he was three, he would say things like, "I'm a clever boy!" We're going to go on a little sibling "date" to see Toy Story 3, just the two of us. I'm not sure who's more excited...him or me.
3. We had to re-plant a lot of our garden. Only three stalks corn came up and barely any lettuce or spinach. I'm not sure why, but the potatoes are growing like there is no tomorrow. I'm super excited about that because mashed potatoes are my favorite food. Someone told me you should only really try to grow the things that cost a lot in the store. Potatoes, corn, lettuce, tomatoes and onions are all pretty cheap to purchase. I'm growing all of those things. Because I want to.
4. Life is short. Life is fragile. Don't waste it being bitter or angry or unforgiving (at least, that's what I have learned). Be thankful for the little joys in your life. Love on people. Dance around and laugh and enjoy the moments others might take for granted.
5. Read books. Of all kinds. In all genres. And write. Often. I don't do either of those things enough and I should, because I like to do both.
6. I need sleep. I can't function on only a couple hours like I used to. Once upon a time I used to stay up way too late and then get up and go to work. How was it possible?? I have no idea. Now I need at LEAST 7 hours of sleep to function properly. I guess that's what happens when you start getting older.
7. It's hard to be a homeowner. It's AWESOME, don't get me wrong, but it's a whole HOUSE to keep clean. I'm working on it. I realize I'm not always the best at it, but like I said, I'm working on it.
8. I love that rockstar guy a lot. Yes, I know I already said this, but it's my list, so I can say it twice if I want.
9. I need to use my crock pot more. There are days when I just really don't feel like cooking and the crock pot would totally ease my pain. I have a recipe book for crock pot meals. I should use it. Did you know you can make dessert in your crock-pot? I didn't.
10. I miss my dad. I wish he lived down the street. He's coming to visit next week and I can hardly stand it! I will be sure to take a million and two pictures and write a post about his awesomeness. He sings in a barbershop quartet (just one of the many things that makes him awesome) and has been for the past 30 years or so. When I was a little lass, I used to sit around our dining room table and listen to them practice. To this day, I totally love anything to do with barbershop quartets. It reminds me of my dear old dad and how much I miss him and wish he lived down the street.