4/6/11

Rome

Once upon a time, my sister and I went to Rome.
A Christmas present from my dad.
My dad rocks.

My sister had a film camera at the time.
And all these pictures are straight out of the camera, or SOOC, as the fancy people say.
No editing.
My sister rocks.
She took around a million pictures. Literally. It was pretty close to a million... I think.
And these are a couple of my favorites.



I think we went in 2003.
I think we went for 2 weeks.
I could be way off.
In any case, it was an amazing trip.



Have you ever seen the movie Being John Malkovich? Strange movie.
The bed and breakfast we stayed at reminded me of the 7 1/2 floor in that movie.
Our B&B was located in a hotel. On the second floor.
But it wasn't part of the hotel at all.
First floor: Hotel
Second floor: A random bed and breakfast (4  bedrooms).
Third floor: Hotel.
Fourth floor: Hotel.
...and so on.
Make sense?
I loved that little random B&B, by the way.



We went all over Rome.
The Colosseum.
The Pantheon.
The Vatican.
St Peter's Basilica.
The Sistine Chapel.
Trevi Fountain.
The Spanish Steps.
The Roman Forum.
The Piazza del Campidoglio.
It was all fascinating.



I'd love to go back again and see if that little 2nd floor B&B still exists.

Thanks, dad. I'll never forget that trip.
And thanks, sis, for the sweet photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment