7/20/10

Leo and His TV.

I used to live in a city you may or may not have heard of called Chicago.
You should visit said Chicago.
It's fun.
I used to be a waitress there.
I met many strange/silly/quirky/interesting/hilarious people whilst at work.
Specifically speaking, a pal named Leo.
I sometimes called him Luigi.
I'm not sure why and he probably doesn't even remember that.
He and I catch up from time to time, via the world wide web (which you may or may not have heard of) on this up and coming social networking site called Facebook. Ever heard of it?

I find Leo to be humorous.

I recently learned that Leo (a.k.a. Luigi) is moving to L.A. to pursue L.A. things.
Because of this, he needs to sell his belongings, like his TV.
He posted the sale of said TV on Craigslist.
He then posted the said Craigslist ad on Facebook, in hopes to get the word out.

I do not have an interest in purchasing Leo's TV, but I thought I might take a look at the said ad, because...well...Leo WROTE it. And Leo is...well...LEO.

This is what I stumbled upon:


The Journey of a 50” Plasma TV - $700 (Wrigleyville)

Date: 2010-07-15, 2:13AM CDT
Reply to: sale-jcf49-1843891157@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


The Journey of a 50” 1080p Plasma TV

You might be asking yourself, what have I stumbled upon this day? The answer to all inquires will all be revealed…RIGHT NOW!!! It is my pleasure to present to you, dearest reader, the story of this 50” Insignia 1080p Plasma TV. This to you might seem like a classic Man makes TV, Man buys TV, Man sells TV, Man buys TV again story but you would be seriously mistaken. This is an epic journey through space and time…but mostly time because this TV was never in space…or was it??!?!
This Journey begins in the late cretaceous period about 68 million years ago. One day during a casual morning walk a single father, who happened to be a T-Rex, stumbled across a lone egg on the ground. Being curious and still very emotional from his recent divorce from his wife, he decided to take it home to his recently purchased condo. Moments after he returned, the egg began to hatch. He was bursting with excitement to welcome someone or something to this world that would teach him to know true love again! The Egg finally hatched and much to our T-Rex’s surprise a 50” 1080p Plasma TV was born! At first he was taken back and angry, but over time he began to love this 50” 1080p Plasma TV for its incredible contrast (30000:1 dynamic) and Ultra slim design (3" deep).
This though was not the happy-single-father-T-Rex-adopting-an-insignia-TV ending you expected. It turns out, it was just the beginning. Months later our T-Rex passed away due to that whole extinction thing (Lets please take a moment to mourn our loss of our dinosaur friends). The 50” 1080p Plasma TV thought it would forever be alone with no one to share its Built-in HDTV tuner, 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio or his High brightness (1000 cd/m²) with.
The 50” 1080p Plasma TV continued along through life working some remedial jobs just to pass the time. It worked at a Men’s Warehouse selling suits for a short period of time showing off its 3:2 pulldown for accurate reproduction of film-based sources. It was especially good at DJing for weddings due to its two 10W stereo speakers. It finally found its calling modeling, because in the photographer’s words, “I have never seen such an amazing 3D Y/C digital comb filter or an outstanding wide 160° horizontal and vertical viewing angles.” While modeling in a local retail store a little over 8 months ago, it caught the eye of a curious customer. I was that curious customer and I didn’t know the marvel that lay before my eyes! I had to have it no matter the cost.
For the past 8 months I have helped pull our 50” 1080p Plasma TV out of a deep depression due to the death of his adopted T-Rex father over 68 million years ago. I gave it the job it does best, being a perfect viewing vehicle for our entertainment! I have shared a growing friendship and love for this 50” 1080p Plasma TV. I have cleaned it once a week and made sure nothing hurt its perfect 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution or its 50" screen measured diagonally from corner to corner, but like most things in life, it must end. I have not told it yet but I am moving and cannot take it with me. You might be thinking this is the end of the journey for our 50” 1080p Plasma TV, but you couldn’t be more wrong. I am looking for the right person to adopt this TV for $700 OBO and usher it to greater heights and continue its epic journey! Will you be that person?

  • Location: Wrigleyville
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's quite possibly the most insane, yet hilariously odd Craigslist ad I have ever seen.
And coming from Leo, it doesn't surprise me.
By the end of it, I was hoping the TV could find a loving home!
Wait...what?

In fact, I think he may have sold it.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment